In the highly competitive marketplace, success goes to those that are decisive, effective, and prepared to take risks. Learning historical swordplay with Academie Duello will teach you how to unleash these qualities through the powerful metaphor of the duel.
In a one-hour session or a whole-day experience, our team-building workshops are focused on developing the bonds between coworkers through entertaining mental and physical challenges. Everyone will feel on equal footing with a sword in their hand, whether big or small, man or woman, employee or boss.
Whether as a reward for a job well done, or to help bring your team together, a swordplay session with Academie Duello will be a fun and new experience for everyone.
Benefits for Your Team
- A more connected team from their engagement in something new and exciting.
- Greater individual self-confidence through wielding ancient and powerful weapons
- Inspired minds and bodies through fascinating history and exercises that extend range of motion, flexibility, and stamina.
- Heightened agility, poise, and grace for everyone on your team.
- An experience that will have your team reminiscing for years to come.
Topics & Activities
Learn the art of the graceful rapier, fight a quarterstaff tournament amongst your teammates, or visit our stables and learn knightly skills.
With this outstanding variety to choose from, every package is customizable to compliment your goals, needs, and passions. You can pick one area of focus or mix it up and take a whole survey of our offerings.
All the equipment you need is provided, all you need to bring is running shoes, comfortable clothing, and a sense of adventure.
Delivered at our 5000 sqft. centre or at your office or event, and customized to your group and needs, our sessions typically include:
- A full body warm-up and cool-down targeting the most commonly strained muscles of office workers: back, neck and wrists.
- Lessons in the arts of your choosing including longsword, rapier, sword and shield, umbrella self-defence, mounted combat, and more.
- Engaging history on the evolution of both the sword and the art of swordplay.
- Fun and entertaining exercises designed to build a trusting and positive dynamic amongst co-workers.
- An opportunity for healthy competition between peers through a swordplay tournament.
Sessions range from a short one-hour of fun to an immersive and exhilarating full-day experience.
If you’d like to book a team-building exercise for your office or would like some more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call us during business hours at 604-568-9907.