Every student will need the following for each day of the camp:
- Lunch, plus one or two snacks and a refillable water bottle
- Clothing comfortable for movement and physical activity: sweat pants, track pants, or shorts along with a t-shirt and an additional long-sleeved shirt for sparring
- Comfortable and flexible footwear, such as an indoor running shoe, with non-marking soles
- Leather or cotton gloves
Tuesday through Friday the following equipment is required for sparring and certain sections of class. Without these items your child will not be allowed to fully participate in camp activities.
- Protective sport groin protection (jock or jill strap)
- Elbow pads and knee pads such as those used for roller-blading
The following are not required but are strongly recommended, and can greatly add to your child’s comfort:
- Padded gloves
- Shin guards
- Shoulder protection, such as those used in hockey or lacrosse
Gloves can be purchased at a hardware store or at the Academie Duello store. Other protective gear is available at most sporting goods stores, or at the Academie Duello store.
Head protection, in the form of fencing masks, is provided by Academie Duello, but students are free to bring their own fencing masks if they’ve got them.