Awesome Workshops at the Vancouver International Swordplay Symposium
VISS 2013 is approaching, and we’re excited to announce a first look at our workshop lineup!
We are proud to offer two styles of workshops at VISS. The first style offers a more in-depth look into various topics, with work that will build across three days of classes.
Topics for this style of workshop include:
- “Understanding Armizare – a Walking Tour of Fiore dei Liberi’s Art of Arms”, by Greg Mele
- “Three days of Italian Rapier”, by Tom Leoni “No one can defend himself without danger”
- Lichtenauer’s Art in Three Weapons,by Jessica Finlay
- “Three days of Iberian Swordplay”, by Eric Meyers and Puck Curtis
In addition we also have single-session workshops to explore:
- Does Fiore Wind?, taught by Sean Hayes
- Classical Italian Dueling Sabre, taught by Sean Hayes
- Burgundian Pollaxe: Le Jeu de la Hache (part I), taught by Jason Smith
- Burgundian Pollaxe: Le Jeu de la Hache (part II), taught by Jason Smith
- Pommel Play, taught by Jason Smith
- German Medieval Dagger, taught by Christian Tobler
- Sword and Buckler of the Liechtenauer Tradition, taught by Christian Tobler
- Applied Combatives: Improve Your Fight, taught by Devon Boorman
- Rapier Disarms, taught by Devon Boorman
- Bringing Down the Big Guy, taught by David McCormick
- Italian Stick Fencing, taught by Marco Quarta
- Abracar and Sine Armis: The art and tradition of unarmed fighting in Italy, taught by Marco Quarta
Mix deep-dive classes with single-session workshops for a unique learning experience.
A reminder that early-bird registration is rapidly approaching. A full symposium pass is only $299 until Dec 31, 2012!
Vancouver International Swordplay Symposium 2013
Feb 15-17, 2013