Sign up nowOut of the violent streets of Victorian London comes the art of gentleman’s self-defense, Bartitsu. In this beginner program you will learn a unique martial art that combines the grappling art Jujitsu with English scientific boxing, French Savate (a form of kick-boxing), and Cane-Fighting.
Bartitsu is a practical martial art with many interlocking skills. Over the course of four weeks you will get an in-depth introduction to each of the core disciplines and how they work together. The curriculum focuses on one subject each week, integrating them together as the course progresses:
- Week 1: Introduction to Jujitsu
- Falling, throws, and joint locks.
- Week 2: Introduction to Pugilism
- Striking with the hands and defending through movement and direct defense.
- Week 3: Introduction to Savate
- Kicking and countering kicks.
- Week 4: Introduction to Walking Stick
- Attacks, defences, postures, and movement.
Starting at the beginning of every month, Bartitsu Fundamentals classes run every Wednesday night from 8:00 – 10:00pm and, Saturday from 2:00 – 4:00pm.
Cost: $99 + Tax
If an event is closed, or if it shows no spaces available, give the front desk a call (604-568-9907) and we’ll see if we can fit you in!
This course runs once a week for 4 classes.