Mounted Combat Symposium
2018 dates tba
From curious onlookers to dedicated knights, there is something for everyone at Academie Duello’s three day celebration of mounted skill at arms. The symposium at at our beautiful new facility in Langley BC includes two full days of clinics and workshops, followed by our popular annual Knightly Games Tournament.
For the general public
Please note Sunday is our public open day, although the public is welcome to watch at any time, Sunday is when most of the public events like those below will take place.
- Swordplay demonstrations & mini lessons
- Displays of mounted skill at arms
- Tours of the farm and opportunities to meet our horses
- Foot races and games of skill
For the beginning rider or swordsperson
- Introduction to Mounted Combat
- Beginner Horseback Archery
- Swordplay lessons
- Beginner Riding lessons
For more advanced equestrians and students of mounted martial arts
- Longsword, grappling & spear workshops
- Mounted Games & Combat clinics and practice sessions
- Horseback Archery
- Mounted Games Tournament
- Green Spur Mounted Duelling Tournament
To Ride or not to Ride?
There are mounted and unmounted workshops included in the program. For those of you who are more comfortable on your own two feet, you can still take part in a full weekend of swordplay, grappling, archery, and physical conditioning.
If you are planning to ride we encourage you to bring your own horse. Stabling is $25/day or $60 for the full three days. School horses are available as well at a cost of $30/day or $75 for three days.
Riding Level Equivalents
Any Rider using a school horse must have as a minimum one of the following certifications:
- Riding Level 1 (Mounted Combat Program)
- Equestrian Canada Rider 1
- Canadian Pony Club ‘D’ level
- Foreign equivalents to EC or CPC levels
- An assessment by one of our instructors on or before Friday September 12th
- Approval from the Mounted Combat program head
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON!