We are thrilled to announce that we are expanding our class offerings starting on October 1! Click HERE for the new weekly class schedule. We worked hard to make a schedule that would meet student requests and training goals while finding time slots that would work for the most people. Read on for more details!
New Classes starting October 1:
- NEW Applied Combatives & Clinic – Mon-Thurs 8-9pm (1 credit) Every weekday after foundation class, join us for Applied Combatives & Clinic! Applied Combatives is a special class aimed at drills, games, scenarios, and exercises that will help you take your classroom skills into sparring. 30 minutes long, followed by 30 minutes of clinic.
- NEW Clinic Time – Mon-Thurs 8-9pm (1 credit) Get one-on-one instructor time, focused practice, and an opportunity to do assessments toward your next level. Join at 8pm for one hour or 8:30pm for 30 minutes after Applied Combatives!
- NEW Polearms – Mondays 6-7pm (1 credit) Poleaxe, spear, quarterstaff, and more. This 1-hour program, open to all ranks, will help you learn the Duello Armizare approach to these dynamic weapons both in and out of armour (no special equipment required).
- NEW Monthly Focus Class – Wednesdays 6-7pm (1 credit) Each month, join us for a series of 4 classes on a topic we don’t typically cover in our regular mastery classes. Abrazare, polearms, cutting, special principles, and more. October will start with Abrazare (wrestling). Please plan to attend all 4 classes in the series.
- NEW Tuesday Longsword Class - Tuesdays 6-7pm (1 credit) A foundation level longsword class will be taking place every tuesday from 6pm to 7pm. All levels are welcome. Apprentice level curriculum will be the focus.
- NEW Krabi Krabong w/ Maelstrom Martial Arts – Wednesdays 8-9:30pm (1 credit) Krabi Krabong is a rare traditional weapon art still practiced in Thailand. It features many different weapons such as single and double sword (daab, daab song meu), sword & shield (daab lo), forearm shields (mae sowks), spear (sadt), staff (plong), knife, and sabre (krabi).
- Foundation and Advanced Rapier and Longsword classes now occur at the same time at 7pm Mon-Thu as a part of Rapier and Longsword Mastery These classes will start with combined warm-up and drills and then divide by rank level. All students are encouraged to stay at 8pm for Applied Combatives and Clinic to get an even more complete learning experience.
- SwordFit has moved from 5:30pm to 5pm on Mondays and Wednesdays We realize this may be difficult for some of our students but the change to have swordfit on the hour instead of the half hour has allowed us to add important programs like polearms and abrazare.
Notes regarding the schedule:
- We are training up new instructors to allow us to begin offering advanced level topics on Mondays. These will be starting in the coming couple months, stay tuned! Presently, advanced students can participate and will be given more challenging versions of Apprentice exercises.
- We are working on some expansion to our Saturday offerings. Stay tuned for news!
If you have any questions or need further information, please don't hesitate to reach out to our staff. We are here to support you on your journey to becoming a skilled and confident practitioner of Duello Armizare.
Thank you for your continued dedication and enthusiasm. We look forward to seeing you on October 1 as we embark on this exciting new chapter together!
Director & Master Instructor