Exciting news for Academie Duello. We have scheduled our first Silver Cord examination for August 21st, 2015. This is excellent news for us as a school and for me as the Master Instructor.
The Silver Cord is the fourth rank in our system and is the equivalent of a Provost level in swordplay schools from the past. This is the level before our master rank.
Passing the Silver Cord examination requires that you show:
– In earnest, combative proficiency (both technical and strategic) with single rapier, as well as with rapier and dagger
– In earnest, combative proficiency with the sidesword and buckler
– Proficiency with the longsword in technical and combative application
– Proficient grappling skills
– A strong technical foundation in quarterstaff, rapier and buckler, rapier and cloak, dagger, counter-dagger, longsword grappling, and use of two swords
– Strategic and tactical depth with the rapier in orthodox and unorthodox situations
– Strategic and tactical depth with the sword and buckler
– Use of the rapier versus the longsword and sidesword
– Interpretation and execution of three historical assaults with the sidesword
It is a massive undertaking and the fact that we have a group of students ready to take the examination is tremendous.
I will release more information on the examination in the coming weeks. For now mark your calendars, and if you’re able to, be here on August 21st!