Autumn has descended on Vancouver, and whether you're looking for something to shake off the rainy doldrums or a different way to stay active indoors, look no father than Academie Duello.
We now offer three unique Beginner's Courses, each an affordable $99 (+tax)!
Bartitsu is a complex martial art with many interlocking skills. Our new four-week Fight Like Sherlock Holmes course gives students an in-depth introduction into the fundamentals of Bartitsu. The curriculum focuses on one subject each week, integrating them together as the course progresses:
- Week 1: Introduction to Jujitsu
- Week 2: Introduction to Pugilism
- Week 3: Introduction to Savate
- Week 4: Introduction to Walking Stick
Starting at the beginning of every month, Fight Like Sherlock Holmes classes run every Saturday from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. The next round of classes starts Saturday, November 2nd.
To read more and see the weekly schedule breakdown, click here.
Our two swordplay Beginner’s Courses, Taste of the Renaissance and Warrior Fundamentals, are 8-classes long and can be taken twice during the week for one month or once a week on Saturdays for two months.
Want to know what you’re getting into first? Sign up for a FREE TRIAL LESSON for either of our Swordplay Beginner’s Courses:
- Learn the fun and exciting arts of the rapier and longsword
- Enjoy an engaging workout that’s good for all fitness levels
- Get a taste of Renaissance history through its martial arts
- Learn in a safe and open environment for beginners
Classes run Monday/Wednesday at 7:00pm, Tuesday/Thursday at 5:00pm and 7:00pm, or Saturdays at 11:30am. The next round of classes start Monday, October 28th, Tuesday, October 29th, and Saturday, November 2nd.
- An invigorating workout combining swordplay and full body movement
- Training in the fundamental skills of the traditional European warrior including wrestling, longsword, sword and shield, spear, and quarterstaff.
- Instruction in the basics of Armizare, a medieval Italian combat system designed to train knights for battle.
- An encouraging and supportive environment for learning new skills and meeting fitness goals.
Classes run Monday/Wednesday at 6:30pm, Tuesday/Thursday at 6:30pm, or Saturdays at 10:00am. The next round of classes start Monday, October 28th, Tuesday, October 29th, and Saturday, November 2nd.
Call us at 604-568-9907 or drop by any time during business hours (Monday to Friday, noon to 8:00pm or Saturdays 10am to 5:00pm) to learn more about our school! Please sign up for our online newsletter to receive workshop announcements and stay connected with what's happening at Academie Duello.