Our next round of Beginner’s Courses start in a couple weeks! May is a month of growth – the perfect time to challenge yourself and have fun with our unique, engaging beginner programs.
Both our Beginner’s Courses, Taste of the Renaissance and Warrior Fundamentals, are 8-classes long and can be taken twice a week for one month or once a week on Saturdays for two months. Try before you buy: Sign up for a FREE TRIAL LESSON for either of our Beginner’s Courses!
Taste of the Renaissance (our Weapons Mastery stream) runs Monday/Wednesday at 7:00pm, Tuesday/Thursday at 5:00pm and 7:00pm, or Saturdays at 11:30am. Classes start Monday, May 6th, Tuesday, May 7th, and Saturday, May 11th.
As a student in this course you will
- Learn the fun and exciting arts of the rapier and longsword
- Enjoy an engaging workout that's good for all fitness levels
- Get a taste of renaissance history through its martial arts
- Learn in a safe and open environment for beginners
Warrior Fundamentals (our Warrior Fitness stream) runs Monday/Wednesday at 6:30pm, Tuesday/Thursday at 6:30pm, or Saturdays at 10:00am. Classes start Monday, May 6th, Tuesday, May 7th, and Saturday, May 11th.
This course is designed to teach you the fundamental skills of the traditional European warrior including wrestling, longsword, sword and shield, spear, and quarterstaff. Students can expect:
- An invigorating workout combining swordplay and full body movement
- Instruction in the basics of Armizare, a medieval Italian combat system designed to train knights for battle.
- A focus on heavy, slashing swords like the longsword and sidesword.
- An encouraging and supportive environment for learning new skills and meeting fitness goals.
Our Beginner’s Courses are both an affordable $99 (+ tax) for 8-classes. Check out our website for more information and to sign up for a free trial lesson!
Call us at 604-568-9907 or drop by any time during business hours (Monday to Friday, noon to 8:00pm or Saturdays 10am to 5:00pm) to learn more about our school!