Whether you're looking for a fun way to get and stay in shape, or a new mentally and physically stimulating hobby, our Beginner's Courses have something for everyone. Take it from one of our Taste of the Renaissance graduates and now ongoing student:
First off, if you are thinking about stopping in here, stop thinking and just do it. If you've got some reason for not going, like you don't want to go without a friend or you don't have workout clothes or something, don't worry! You don't need serious workout gear to get started and you'll make all the friends you'll ever need once you're there. Academie Duello is an extremely welcoming and positive environment, and my only regret in signing up for classes is that I didn't sign up a couple of months earlier when I first heard of it. The sense of community is wonderful. The instructors are patient, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic; everyone in the school is friendly and helpful; it's a great workout; and last off, who doesn't want to learn how to sword fight?! ...and man, your arms are going to be so toned... -Alison
Both our Beginner’s Courses, Taste of the Renaissance and Warrior Fundamentals, are 8-classes long and can be taken twice during the week for one month or once a week on Saturdays for two months.
Want to know what you’re getting into first? Sign up for a FREE TRIAL LESSON for either of our Beginner’s Courses!
Taste of the Renaissance
As a student in this course you will:
- Learn the fun and exciting arts of the rapier and longsword
- Enjoy an engaging workout that’s good for all fitness levels
- Get a taste of Renaissance history through its martial arts
- Learn in a safe and open environment for beginners
In this course, students can expect:
- An invigorating workout combining swordplay and full body movement
- Training in the fundamental skills of the traditional European warrior including wrestling, longsword, sword and shield, spear, and quarterstaff.
- Instruction in the basics of Armizare, a medieval Italian combat system designed to train knights for battle.
- An encouraging and supportive environment for learning new skills and meeting fitness goals.